Crazy Sara's Blog

Tuesday, December 20, 2005


New Yorkers Held Hostage

Day 1 of the transit strike, and so far it's been both annoying and adventurous as have all of the other NYC events like the Blackout, etc. I stupidly saved all my Christmas shopping for the last second, so I decided to do my shopping in Brooklyn instead of going into the city. I trekked from Brooklyn Heights to Downtown Brooklyn's Atlantic Center with bags in tow over my shoulder just like a brown Ms. Santa. I'm mostly done except for the few things I must get in the city.

I've neglected to post again for several days not due to boredom, but actually quite the opposite - a flurry of activity. I finished finals last week, and thankfully did pretty well. To celebrate, I went to a couple parties including our Fordham MBA Holiday Party, at which I picked up a 23 yr old boy at Bourbon Street (I'm 30 as most of you know). Oddly enough, we've been inseperable since. That is until the strike. Alas, we are now separated due to the Upper West side - Brooklyn no way to get there dilemna.

Checked out the Unsilent Night Boom Box Christmas Parade, and it was some really gorgeous ambient music. I think I might do it next year if I can find a boombox to borrow from someone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home