Crazy Sara's Blog

Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Awake

That's Roopa in the pic - she's one of my two favorite cousin's kids - I know I shouldn't pick favorites, but I can't help it. She has to be the smartest and most creative 4 yr old I've ever met, not to mention the cutest. I love them to pieces and get sad everytime they squeeze me when I leave. I taught the other sister, Anisha, over the weekend how to rock out to We Got the Beat on the keyboard in their house after making her learn some scales first.

Yesterday, my first day back after the holiday on my way to school, and I was back to NYC craziness. You know how people get on the train and lose their balance right as the train gets moving again while they're trying to take a seat? Well, a certain 6"6 gentleman weighing about 200 lbs or more did this and fell on top of my hand that was holding out my Diane Arbus biography. Not only did he dent my book, but he bent back my wrist as well. Instead of getting back up immediately and apologizing, he sat there on my lap for a good 10 seconds while I screamed in pain and said "What am I gonna do?" Not even a fucking apology.

Then as I tried to walk into my building at school, I was detoured because of a film taking place right on our campus. It's called Awake and it has something to do with doctors who dress up in Halloween costumes. They even transformed the Fordham University sign outside to say Varick Hospital. The filming continued today. I was walking into the dining hall to grab some grub when guess who walked right pass me unnoticed? Balthazar Getty and the lead guy from Hustle and Flow! Both looked really great in person I have to say. I wonder if this is a fairly normal occurrence going to school in NYC. I'm sure the school gets mucho dinero for a location fee. I just hope some of that goes to our miniscule computer lab of 12 computers for a total of several hundred FTers attending the school, not to mention the other PTers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home