Crazy Sara's Blog

Sunday, November 06, 2005

Serendipity

After another exceptionally bad day, I headed out to run some errands. My cell phone has been possessed lately turning on and off on its own will, so I was at the Verizon Wireless on Joralemon St and again encountered some particularly rude customer service. There was a gentleman in line who I started commiserating with. We ended up having a lovely conversation, I handed him my card and left. As I left I thought, what a shame he lives in Boston although he said he used to live here in Brooklyn and comes here a lot still to visit. I dropped off my bags at home and then ran out again for some more errands. Guess who I ran into at Sahadi's on Atlantic Ave? He told me his phone would be ready in an hour, so he had nothing to do but wander around. We ended up shopping together for groceries at Sahadi's, and then he accompanied me to Key Food as we became fast friends. I felt oddly comfortable paying for our groceries together, and buying toilet paper with my $1 off coupon in front of him. As we arrived to my apt, we said goodnight and joked that we might even run into each other again. Here's hoping...

On another note, I finally watched the rest of Napoleon Dynamite tonight. The movie totally picks up on the last 30 min. I especially loved the dancing scene to Jamiroquai's Canned Heat, and the scene with his older brother and La Fwanduah (sp?) at the picnic table. I swear I have a kid in my Marketing Creativity class named Steven Zelnick who looks, talks, and acts JUST like the older brother turned do-rag wearing b-boy! Vote for Pedro!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home