Crazy Sara's Blog

Sunday, November 27, 2005

Tandoori Turkey

Before I left for Thanksgiving, my friend Leo told me I should make my mom make some Tandoori Turkey since our family usually does both American and Indian food on Thanksgiving. This way she could kill two birds with one baster. Sorry, bad turkey joke. Turns out, someone's already come up with this same idea before. No Tandoori Turkey this year, but my mom's gonna try it next year.

My cousin in law's brother got married in India, but they had the reception in Poughkeepsie this Thanksgiving weekend. I went straight to the open bar to get some wine with my mom, and can you believe it - I got IDed at a wedding reception with my Mom standing right next to me! I was like, "She can vouch for me, she's my mom, and I'm definitely 30." To which they responded, "God bless you honey cause you look like a teenager."
Turns out we were all being watched by a camera, and the bartenders were just following protocol.

Of course the night was pretty boring until "DJ Raj's Cousin" starting kicking it up a notch with the music. It always shocks me how such subdued Indian weddings can take a turn for the crazy as soon as the dancing begins. Unfortunately, because of all the youngins' bedtimes we had to leave right as he started playing Punjabi MC.

As we were driving home late that night, much to my suburban shock, two gentleman mooned our car and I'm sure our relatives car directly behind us. Thank god, I was the only one who saw this - looked like everyone else was too focused on driving or just passed out. I quietly tried telling my cousin who was driving what I saw, but his kids were like "What's mooning?!"

Well, right before I left for Westchester my power went out. Last night when I returned, my toilet started and continues to leak...I no longer use my pots for cooking, but instead use them to catch leaks throughout my apt. The technical difficulties continue!




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home