Crazy Sara's Blog

Thursday, August 25, 2005


12" Bar

Went to see my friend Madina spin last night, and it turned into a bigger affair than planned.

I'm not really one for tattoos, but Anisha's friend Radha had several stunning and very personal ones about her late brother Viplee, which she quoted out of a Cowboy Junkies song. I couldn't stop photographing her - she was so striking to me.

We ate microwave popcorn, watched the fully-devil-tattooed bartender suck on popsicles, measured each other's nose bridges, and argued whether natural disasters were beautiful or not.

The most shocking story of the night however, was the one Todd , a Friendster and now a friend of mine, told me of Raghubir Singh. My favorite photographer died in the apt of his boss' (who is a sculptor and was a friend of Singh's) apartment in which Todd works. Can you believe the irony of our meeting??? He gets to see Singh's photos every week staring at him behind his computer...I could only dream!






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home